Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Say "Hello!" to #11651

After searching for a pristine Z for about a year now, even before I purchased my first Z #5998, I have finally found my new baby. On April 20, 2010 I purchased my second Z, #11651. Similar to #5998, it is also a 1970 car with all Series I goodies.

A few people in the Bay Area may have seen it before, as it was worked on at Z Car Garage a lot a few years back. I am very happy to say that the whole history of the car has been documented; all the way back to the original bill of sale.

On a sad note, my first Z, HLS30-05998 will be up for sale soon.

This car was made to, and will be driven as a more modern Z.

A list of the modications:

L28 Nissan Factory Remanufactured Engine (turbo block/head) - Currently 600 miles
Triple Mikuni 44mm Carburetors w/ K&N Filters
Tokico HP Struts w/Eibach Springs
Pantronix Electronic Distributor
16x7 Panasport Wheels
MSD Ignition
MSA Front/Rear Strut Bar
MSA Front/Rear Sway Bar
ALCO Aluminum Radiator
Motorsport Coated header
Borla Resonator and Stainless Steel Muffler
All gauges were rewired
Energy Poly Urethane Bushings all-around

And I'm discovering more at the moment...

Complete Restoration - 90% All Original Interior/Exterior, with exception to the engine/suspension/brakes.

Without further adue, the pictures:

1970 Datsun 240Z - Series I - HLS30-11651 - 10/70





















Removing the license plate immediately to a CA Historical Vehicle License Plate.

Any comments appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your link on ClassicZCars.com. Love the blue Z Man! I have a 73 currently, have had a 71,72 and 75.

    My 71 was originally the same blue as yours, it was painted black when I bought it.

    Nice blog!

    Chris Abbott
    www.westadad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous car. Love it. Gav240z from Auszcar.com :).

    ReplyDelete